Four Seasons Lāna‘i celebrates grand reopening

The Four Seasons Resorts Lana’i welcomed owner Lawrence J. Ellison along with dignitaries from Maui County and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts to untie a mana-filled lei to officially reopen the resort following a multimillion dollar renovation that kept the resorts closed for the second half of 2015.

“We are delighted to share a unique destination experience with rich culture, diverse landscapes, and limitless options for relaxation and adventure here on Lana’i,” said Tom Roelens, General Manager, Four Seasons Resorts Lana’i. “As a first, we offer guests the opportunity to experience Lana’i by Four Seasons through a number of activities curated by the resort, in true Four Seasons style.”

The refreshed resort includes 217 guest rooms and 51 suites. Rooms are accessible via wristband keys, which and include intuitive lighting service, and temperature controls, as well as in-room iPad Airs stocked with local information and a wealth of worldwide publications. The new room designs are “inspired by Hawai’i’s diverse and storied influences, such as teak and zebra wood walls and mahogany floors lain with hand-woven area rugs. Rooms are refreshed twice daily plus evening turndown and ice delivery.

Also refreshed are the pool spaces, which have been refitted with botanical gardens with “waterways [which] reveal both intimate enclaves as well as spectacular vistas to the Pacific Ocean”. The central pool is a lagoon-style with a cascading waterfall and two spas. Separate from the main pool is the adults-only Retreat, which also has waterfalls lava rock grottos, which are meant to reflect Lana’i’s sea cliffs. Pool amenities at the resort include evian facial spritzes, chilled towels, popsicles, fruit skewers, sunglass cleaning, and sunscreen.

Dining options at the resort include the signature restaurant One Forty, Nobu Lana’i, and Views at Manele Golf and Sports Bar. The hotel also has a spa, luxury boutiques, and a par 72, ocean view 18 hole Jack Nicklaus golf course.

With a year round population of around 3000, Lana’i is the smallest of the publicly-accessible, inhabited main islands in the chain. Guests are drawn to Lana’i by a laid-back atmosphere (the island has no stoplights) and natural beauty from green upcountry lands to a marine sanctuary guarded by soaring sea cliffs. The island is a 25 minute flight from the Honolulu International Airport, where Four Seasons operates an airport lounge for guests en route to the hotel; flights are also available from Maui.

Lanai was once the world’s largest pineapple plantation, responsible for approximately 75% of the world’s supply. Ellison purchased 98% of the island in 2012. The remaining 2% is owned by the State of Hawai’i.

The Four Seasons Lana’i Resort first opened in 1991. Four Seasons has managed the property since 2005.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s